HAPPY 100TH BIRTHDAY! Own a piece of history with this limited edition kit to make "Daisy's Doll House." Faithfully reproduced by Donelle Denery from Daisy's original 1912 doll house. Kit makes a 17 1/2"W X 14"D X 16"H, 4-room house with paper furniture.
The Story: In November 1912, almost a full year after the Daisy doll promotion ended, Ladies Home Journal ran another promotion associated with the popular Lettie Lane paper doll series. This promotion was for a doll house and an all-bisque doll. For years collectors have affectionately referred to this elusive doll house as Daisy's Doll House. In the 1960's, when many of the "little girls" who participated in the 1911 Ladies' Home Journal promotion for Daisy were still alive, Atha Kahler did extensive research and published a book title "Lettie Lane's Daisy, The Doll That Really Came to Life." In all her years of collecting, Atha knew of only one copy of the elusive doll house (the original doll house was printed on heavy paper and it is amazing that any survived), which came up for auction in the 1970 s on the East Coast. It wasn't possible for Atha to travel to the auction, but fortunately, Maurine Popp, a distinguished collector from New England, had a copy (perhaps the copy) of the doll house in her collection. When Maurine died, her estate of dolls and paper ephemera was sold at auction. Lucky for us, a savvy Daisy collector named Mary Kiley spotted the doll house in a box lot! Mary purchased the doll house, still in its original packaging, having never been put together, and eventually sold it to Atha. Atha told the creatr of her good fortune in acquiring the doll house at a United Federation of Doll Clubs National Convention in 2007. In honor of Atha s sharing spirit and love of Daisy, Donelle Denery has painstakingly copied the doll house and had a limited number of copies professionally printed.
Each kit contains the following:
- 25 full color pages (12" X 18") to make the complete doll house including the lawn printed on 80# card stock
- 9 full color pages (8 1/2" X 11") to make the four rooms of furniture printed on 80# card stock
- 10 pages of detailed instructions and diagrams on how to make the doll house and the furniture
- A copy of the original instructions and what the assembled furniture looks like
- A copy of the full color page from the November 1912 Ladies Home Journal (shown above); this page is personally signed and numbered by Donelle Denery, who holds the 2011 copyright
- A supply list, with potential sources, is included with the instructions
The full color pages have additional notations, such as cut or bend, to aid in the ease of assembling the doll house. If you can cut, paste and follow instructions - you can make the doll house!
PLEASE NOTE: The doll house does NOT come with the all-bisque doll shown in the photos! However, the mold to make the reproduction doll is available on our site AS WELL as the doll already made by the very well respected Fumi of Mystic Molds.